2007年3月16日 星期五

Fifth Day in NY_Washington DC

NYC->DC->the Capitol->the Old Post Office Building->the White House->World War II Memorial-> Vietnam War Memorial->Lincoln Memorial Hall-> Korean War Memorial->Washington Monument->Chinatown(DC)

This is the fifth day of my travel. As my schedule, I went to visit Washington DC today. I was supposed to take to first bus to DC in the beginning, but since I was overslept this morning, I can only take the second bus at 8:00 to DC. And for the traffic jam, it took me more and 5 hours from NYC to DC, but it doesn’t matter so much, I still enjoyed my travel here very much.

I first came to The Capitol (Congress Building), it was such a beautiful place that impressed me a lot. In here, you can look through the park around the Washington Monument and saw the Lincoln Memorial, I saw this view on TV or movies a lot of time, but once I came here, it was totally different feeling to the TV one. I love this view very much. It took me a lot of time to take photos over this part, and then I went to the Old Post Office Building to take a free tower visiting of DC. On the way to the Old Post Office Building, you can see a lot of museums along Constitution Ave, a series of Roman-style buildings look very awesome. Then walking along Constitution Ave, I went to the White House. Since the 911 attack, there are a lot of police and blocks around the White House, they make it much worse than I image…..

After the White House, I went to Lincoln Memorial Hall. On the way to Lincoln Memorial Hall, I passed by the World War II Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, Korean War Memorial. These three memorials make me think more about the war of Iraq. If Americans really want to use these three memorials to make them remember the high price of the war, why they just open another war in 21st century? If they do remember the pain from these three terrible wars, they do have to out of Iraq right away, not stays there and then scares about the terrorists. That’s tricky to set up memorial to remember the history and forget about the history only because of taking advantage from other countries.

After that, I went to the biggest structure of DC, the Washington Monument. It is really a huge monument, and you can see both the Congress building and the Lincoln Memorial Hall very clearly in this place.

I feel very happy to visit this city and I almost can’t feel the time passing so soon. I think I will miss this city very much although I just visited here for one day.

沒有留言: