2007年3月12日 星期一

Second Day in NY

This is my second day in New York. Today I will go visiting the midtown of New York.

I almost spend all my time today in Fifth Ave. from Union Square(14th St. ) to Rockefeller Center(50th St.), and walk all day, so I am very tired now...(it's already 1:30AM).

I went to the Madison Square and saw Flatiron Building first. It is really a special building. And I walk along Fifth Ave. New York Public Library. Although some rooms in New York Public Library are closed today, I still saw something pretty interesting in there, especially a room displaying some pictures about "Men's Clothing". It is very interesting to know the differences between in their clothes, and you will also learn the meaning of every decorations in different countries.

After New York Public Library, I went to Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick Cathedral. In St. Patrick Cathedral, you can see a lot of amazing art about the Bible. St. Patrick Cathedral is also the oldest cathedral in New York, so it is a famous attraction of New York as well, you can see a lot of tourists taking pictures all over this cathedral. For me, it is a kind of inharmonious to see people taking picture and making noise while someone is praying and searing for peace. But that's what attractions always be, what a pity.

Then I went to Grand Central Station and take subway to Union Square. Beside Grand Central Station, there is Chrysler Building. This building is known by its amazing golden roof. But a pity is you can not see its roof from the bottom of it because there are too many skyscrapers around Chrysler Building, so it does harm the view of Chrysler Building a lot. In Union Square, besides the statues and people, you can also see a lot of bunnies running around, they are so cute!!

In the end of my plan on Fifth Ave, I went to the observatory of Empire State Building., since the weather here is very nice, it is amazing to visiting the observatory, and I love it very much. Although it takes a lot of time to queue and costs you $18 per person, but it is still worth to visit, especially in a good weather day.

沒有留言: