2007年3月17日 星期六

Six Day in NY_Harvard +MIT

NY->Boston->Harvard->MIT

Today, as my schedule, I went to Boston and visited Harvard and MIT.

After taking buses from Chinatown at 8:00 and arriving Boston at 12:00, I first went to check in my hostel-H.I. Boston by subway. The subway system in Boston is pretty interesting. It is more like a sub-trolley, which means it is not as fast and smooth as how subway systems always are. In some big station, the door will open in both side, and you can walk through the rail to reach another platform in some station because the rail of subway is as high as the platform. These are all new to me. And although the subway of Boston is not comfortable (sometimes it will have a big turn…..), it is still very convenience and much cleaner than subway in New York, Chicago, and LA.

After settling down all my stuff, I went to Harvard as my first destination. You can take the green line from Hynes station, where my hostel is, and transfer through Park station to Harvard Square station in red line.

Since I couldn’t find any maps in the campus, I just strolled around the campus and tried to find Harvard Business School (HBS). The campus of Harvard is very awesome. You can see a lot of beautiful building in this campus and also a lot of beautiful public area where students gather around. Studying here must be very wonderful. And this campus is so huge that I still cannot find HBS after one hour seeking. Because of limited-time, I decided to ask someone and found out where the HBS is. Once I met it, I felt like I am doing a pilgrimage, this is the NO.1 business school in the world, the dream place of all business students. I slowed down my pace and enjoy the air of HBS, walking through some buildings there and sit in library of HBS for a while. Everything was as wonderful as I thought. I love this place very much.

Then I moved to MIT Sloan, the NO.1 informatics school and top 5 business school in the world. For information-related students, MIT Sloan is undoubtedly the best. Although the campus of MIT is more “cold”, which means it is not as humane as Harvard, it is still an awesome school. Besides visiting the Sloan Building, I walk along the Charles River. You can see the whole downtown from the riverside of MIT. It is pretty beautiful. You can see someone playing sailboats or boats on the river. If I came here in summer, it must be more awesome.

For me, it is really a beautiful dream to visit Harvard and MIT in a day, and I enjoy it very much.

I supposed to go the Boston Common Public Garden as my final destination and taste some seafood in downtown Boston. Seafood in Boston is very well-known by its fresh. But unfortunately, since the big rain, I canceled these two schedule and go back hostel, what a pity it is.

Although it is a pity that I couldn’t visit Boston as my schedule, I still visited the main two places - Harvard & MIT today. It’s not bad at all. And while I kept my diary in the kitchen, I met two of my Germany roommates in New York. They also traveled here and live in the same hostel with me.

By the way, since the rain, the facilities of HI Boston are much better than Chelsea Star which I lived in New York. Although it is a little bit more expensive, but it must be the best deal in Boston, I strongly recommend this place.

沒有留言: